Monday, October 13, 2014

First Day in Second Life

This is my first blog entry about virtual learning. I am going to share with you my first experience and own thoughts in Second Life.

Second Life is a virtual world, you can be whoever you want to be. When you first log on, you can choose the place you want to go. The bar shows bunches of options, and sort of categories: a place for music, a place for shopping or eating, a place for everything possible that you can think of. When you click on a category, it will show you all the place and how many people are in that place.

When you enter a place, you surrounded by these people, that's when you are engaging in a group chat. Everyone is talking at once. If you turn the volume up, you can even hear people speaking out loud into a microphone. I found out when you chat, everyone chats.

My professor guided us and teleport us to a place. So then at my right hand corner, a little teleporting request comes up. I was so excited because people can teleport you to other places. If I pressed "Accept", she can bring me to another place.

I haven't had time after my first visit in a week. Second Life is not like Facebook that you can go on for five to ten times a day just to see what is going on. It is a time commitment. It is hard to have a Second Life when you have a busy First Life. And eventually, in this week, I set aside out of my time to go on.


No comments:

Post a Comment